Wednesday, April 25, 2007

a new planet?

From our local paper:

Newfound planet may sustain life


WASHINGTON - For the first time astronomers have discovered a planet outside our solar system that is potentially habitable, with Earth-like temperatures, a find researchers described Tuesday as a big step in the search for "life in the universe."The planet is just the right size, might have water in liquid form, and in galactic terms is relatively nearby at 120 trillion miles away.

I hope they do find that life is sustainable on that planet. There are a few people I'd like to send there.
.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most exciting angle I've heard of yet. Can I add a few folks of my own to the passenger list?

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger James Burnett said...

I think I'd like to move there. Get a couple hundred acres and start a ranch, raising alien cattle or something. I'm over the 9-to-5.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 1:14:00 PM  
Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

Jim, absolutely! And who knows? Maybe some of the same people might be on both our lists!

James, I hear ya. Maybe plant some crops ... who knows, you might even start a new line of vegetables!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home