Friday, July 20, 2007

hey buddy, got a light?

Report: Plane lighter ban to be lifted
The Associated Press

NEW YORK - Airline passengers will be able to bring many types of cigarette lighters on board again starting next month after authorities found that a ban on the devices did little to make flying safer, a newspaper reported Friday.


Starting Aug. 4, air travelers will be allowed to carry on disposable butane lighters, such as Bics, and refillable lighters, including Zippos, according to The New York Times.


Security screeners collect an average of 22,000 lighters a day, and it costs about $4 million a year to dispose of them, The Times reported.



Four million bucks a year to keep Americans safe from terrorism caused by Zippos. Now if they'd only ban strong perfume.
.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scottsdale Girl said...

I had 5 lighters in my purse the last time I flew. They took em all and looked at me sideways. I was all, WHAT?

Thursday, July 26, 2007 4:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to know when I can go through security without taking my damn shoes off!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 4:56:00 PM  
Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

You think that's bad ... I had to practically undress just to watch a tennis exhibition.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007 7:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home