Wednesday, July 04, 2007

no wonder she left you

She's Gone Oh I, Oh I'd
better learn how to face it
She's Gone Oh I, Oh I'd
pay the devil to replace her
She's Gone - what went wrong

I'm guessing you recognize those lyrics as the chorus from the '80s Daryl Hall & John Oates hit, "She's Gone," presumably about a love lost.

I'd like to offer that the answer to the question in the last line of the chorus, "What went wrong?" may be found in the second to the last line.

Perhaps she didn't want to stick around with a guy who's so quick to want a replacement.
.

7 Comments:

Blogger Scottsdale Girl said...

Very insightful. :)

Thursday, July 05, 2007 4:28:00 PM  
Blogger Tiggerlane said...

Funny! I heard that song a bunch - and never understood that line myself.

Then again, Hall and Oates were kinda wimpy.

Thursday, July 05, 2007 10:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, have always thought that line didn't make any sense.

Friday, July 06, 2007 7:24:00 AM  
Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

Ladies, I assume what he MEANT was, "I'd pay the devil to have her back," but that doesn't fit in very well.

Friday, July 06, 2007 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger James Burnett said...

I've never been a huge fan of countryesque music, but I like Hall & Oates, sorta. All their songs tell a story.

Friday, July 06, 2007 9:27:00 PM  
Blogger M@ said...

Hmmmm. Never underestimate the ability of a woman to just come out of left field with something.

Saturday, July 14, 2007 2:35:00 PM  
Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

James, yeah, a story about a dude who knows how to woo a woman.

Matt, left field, center field, right field ...

Saturday, July 14, 2007 8:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home