Sunday, September 14, 2008

like I said ...

Q: What do the following words have in common?

  • like
  • goes
  • there
  • all

A: They all mean "said" depending on which decade the speaker is in.


The '50s - He said, 'Will you go out with me?' and she said, 'No!'

The '60s - He's like, 'Will you go out with me?' and she's like, 'No!'

The '70s - He goes, 'Will you go out with me?' and she goes, 'No!'

The '80s - He's there, 'Will you go out with me?' and she's there, 'No!'

The '90s - He's all, 'Will you go out with me?' and she's all, 'No!'


What do they say in the '00s?

Maybe "He goes all there like, 'Will you go out with ...
.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea "like" was from the 60's!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:48:00 AM  
Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

Man, like was like TRIPPIN', man!

Friday, September 19, 2008 7:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home