Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm a retard

Living in the South can be amusing sometimes, specially when trying to translate the southern dialect into "Nawthun" speak.

The other day I had a conversation with a gentleman I'd never met before. After talking for a while, I asked him what he does for a living. His answer kinda threw me.

"Ah'm retard."

I said, "Scuse me??"

Again he repeated, "Ah'm retard."

I asked for a little clarification.

He said, "Ah worked for the Post Office for 30 years, and Ah retard two years ago.'

So he retired.

God I love the South.
.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe this was my first South-related English language joke :)

And as we know, for some folks, retard comes as part of the retired. But that's no laughing matter :-|

Sunday, August 17, 2008 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger M@ said...

Can you believe the English fail to discern between northern and southern American accents? They think we all draaaaaal, y'all.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 12:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home