Tuesday, June 24, 2008

do you hate your drivers license photo?

If you're like me, you would rather stick a pen in your eye than to show anyone your drivers license photo. I don't know a single person who's ever said, "I actually like the picture on my drivers license. It really brings out my best features."

A colleague of mine has a spouse who works at the DMV. I asked her to ask him why the photo always looks so lousy. Here's what he said:

Don't forget that the photo is meant to identify, not to flatter a person.

At our local DMV office, the single lamp they have to light my face is to the left, and slightly above my line of sight.

Pretty much at the same angle as the flashlight the cop would be using were he to pull me over at night.
.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like my DL photo and health insurance picture is not bad.

However, my new passport photo is just hideous. There goes my dream of being this stunning and mysterious international traveller.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

I guess you'll have to settle for being the stunning and mysterious patient at the doctor's office.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 7:18:00 PM  
Blogger Lamar The Revenger said...

i'm trying something with my licence - i'm getting it taken wearing the same shirt i wore the on my first license. i renew this year and the shirt was pretty tight last time!

Friday, June 27, 2008 2:41:00 AM  
Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

Let me know how that works out, Lamar. I wanted to get mine taken with one of those comic eyeglasses with the big nose and bushy eyebrows so I would look like my dad.

Friday, June 27, 2008 4:52:00 AM  
Blogger M@ said...

The DMV always has some security guard who doesn't want me standing somewhere and would prefer that I stand somewhere else....

Monday, July 14, 2008 3:56:00 PM  
Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

Well, sure, M@, when you're standing in front of the ladies room!

Monday, July 14, 2008 7:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home