Wednesday, January 17, 2007

an old trick

I read in the paper recently an article about a man who is suspected of killing his wife. While searching for a motive, investigators found that he had taken out a substantial life insurance policy on her.

As one of my favorite fictional characters, Maxwell Smart, might have said,

"Why it's the olllllllllld 'Insure Your Spouse Out the Wazoo and then Have Them Killed Off' Trick."

I told my wife I am going to start watching our incoming mail a bit closer and if I ever see a great big policy on my life, I'm gonna have to start treating her nicer.

She just laughed. Not a sinister laugh - I'm sure I would recognize that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

Oh, it was sinister. ;)

Steve~

Friday, January 19, 2007 7:27:00 PM  
Blogger James Burnett said...

A sinister laugh would be a "dead" giveaway. You'd better start treating her nicer - just in case - before a new policy comes in the mail. I have ;>)

Saturday, January 20, 2007 5:49:00 PM  
Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

You've started treating my wife nicer, James?

Saturday, January 20, 2007 6:34:00 PM  
Blogger James Burnett said...

Uh oh, we're found out!

Kidding. No, of course, I've started treating mine nicer. Can't be too careful.

Monday, January 29, 2007 12:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home