Thursday, April 06, 2006

high cost of prescription medication

Drug manufacturers have tried to justify the high costs of prescription medication by stating that you are not paying for the cost of producing the pills, which is not all that costly, but to pay for research and development of more powerful medications for other illnesses.

There are medications for some illnesses which costs over one hundred thousand dollars a year. Of course, the patient doesn't pay a hundred grand - you and I do through higher insurance premiums.

I'd like to meet that patient for whom I am helping to pay such a prescription bill. I have no problem with helping him live a long and happy life - something that may not have been possible years ago before this modern technology in pharmaceutical care.

I'm just kind of hoping that since I am helping him, maybe he can come by and give me a hand.

My lawn could use a good mowing.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home